[vc_column_text width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
Writing for the ukrecruiter newsletter
UK Recruiter accepts submissions for the newsletter either as “Articles”, “Opinions” or “My Favourites”. We also work with regular contributors.
Please read the guidelines below if you are interested in writing for UK Recruiter.
The newsletter is targeted at recruiters based in the UK. All job functions within the industry are covered from HR Managers within corporate organisations and MDs of recruitment firms, through Search Consultants and Recruiters to Resourcers and Researchers. All market sectors and UK locations are covered.
We welcome articles from subscribers to the newsletter. If you are interested in writing an article and you feel it would fit within the following guidelines please contact us.
Rules for Articles and Opinions
1. Must have relevance to an audience of UK recruiters. Whilst we focus in the main on topics of interest to the whole of our target audience we are also interested in providing relevant features which may have a narrower appeal.
2. Should be around 700 to 900 words in length. If appropriate articles may be split over two or more issues.
3. Must be in plain text or Word format. We are unable to run articles with tables, graphs or pictures.
4. We don’t publish articles that have already appeared in any of the recruitment or HR press. Please let us know if you are submitting the same article to other publications.
5. Submit a personal profile of no more than 50 words. Whilst articles will always be published with an acknowledgement of the author and company we will not include articles where there is explicit promotion in the body of the article. This would include over-use of own company name, products or service or reference to the benefits of own company over another.
Rules for My Favourites
This is a feature where we publish details of the three websites you can’t live without.
1. At least two of the sites must be business related.
2. You must not promote a site to which you are affiliated.
3. Send a text only email with the URL of each site with a description of why you find it so valuable. Each site description should be up to 50 words long.
4. We will publish your name, job title and the company that you work for. Please specify if you would like a link to your company’s website.
5. Preference is given to sites which have not already been suggested.
6. We reserve the right to edit submissions as appropriate.
7. Copyright for submissions will rest with UK Recruiter
If you have an idea for a series of articles on a specific theme within an area of your expertise we’d love to hear from you. Please email or phone us with details.
Why might you want to contribute?
It’s not going to be for the money – unfortunately we don’t pay for articles we print in the newsletter. However, there are a number of possible reasons:
– Having an article published can help position you or your company as experts in a particular field.
– Mention of your company name can help brand reinforcement.
– The newsletter can give you a forum if you’ve got a particular message or opinion that you would like to air.
– You might just like writing articles and it could lead to fame and glory!
For information on advertising in the ukrecruiter newsletter please contact us.