It seemed good timing to share some thoughts on ways recruiters can get more from the UK Recruiter community. I also thought if I made it into a list of 10 things I could squeeze it into our 600 Interesting and Useful Things for Recruiters series!
1. Utilise the site to it’s fullest. Check out the suppliers directory, read Louise’s blog (lots of content updated at least three times a week), look at the aggregated blogs feed where we showcase content from the best of the industry’s blogs.
2. Subscribe to the weekly newsletter. We’ve been publishing it for over 10 years now and with the help of Alex it’s been modernised quite a lot in the past 12 months. We have a mix of articles, tips and stats for all recruitment professionals.
3. Contribute to the newsletter. If you write a blog with articles you think other recruiters would like to read drop Alex a note. You can also share your tales for our new tips section. Either “Confessions of a Recruiter” or “Recruiters Inspiration” (you can see examples here)
4. Attend a Recruitment Directors event. We have four scheduled for 2014 on 27th February, 8th May, 3rd July and 2nd October in London. These events take place in an afternoon and include speaker presentations. We run these in conjunction with RIDA. The seniority of the audience and keynote updates mean these events are the ideal place to keep up to date with the latest strategic thinking, hear first hand how your peers are tackling the same challenges you face, allowing for benchmarking and networking in both formal and information environments. You can view montage footage from a recent event.
5. Looking for the latest recruitment technology? Why not attend one of our Recruitment Technology Showcase events. 5th June & 16th October in London. This event is for recruitment Decision Makers. We will showcase for you innovative products and services from a range of organisations. Mixed in to these you’ll have the opportunity to take part in speed pitching sessions from suppliers. You’ll have the time to network with other attendees and talk with all the suppliers, in an informal environment. You can create a final shortlist of providers in only a few hours and save time not having to scour the internet to research what’s available; not having to call software companies to ask them to SELL to you! Taking time out to organise and sit through even five product demonstrations would normally take at least EIGHT hours. You can be sure you are seeing what’s available from the best recruitment software providers in an afternoon. You can viewsome photos from a recent event on our Facebook Page.
6. Connect with us via social media. I’m pretty active on Twitter and both Alex and I use the UKRecruiter twitter account. We also run a LinkedIn group and a Facebook group. I’m attempting to get to grips with google+ a bit more this year too!
7. Call or email us. I’m email@example.com and on 07724 197830.
8. Use the Forum. We’ve been running discussion boards for about 10 years now and even with all the other places recruiters can use to ask questions (twitter, LinkedIn, etc) the forum works nicely. Check it out if you want to ask a question or have a chat with other recruiters.
9. Check out our YouTube Channel. We’ve got quite a few event montages and speaker presentations on there. We are hoping to continue to work with Ross Owen Wilson (he of the beard) for our events in 2014.
10. Join us on a Google+ Hangout. We’ve been running them with Louis Welcomme from Colleague Softawre, Alan Whitford of RCEuro and Mark Stephens of TIRA for a few months now. You can see the last one here. The next one is on 15th January with the exceptionally knowledgeable Andy Headworth.