So as we reach the close of our 600 Interesting and Useful Things for Recruiters series we thought it might be nice to share some facts about ourselves. Alex Martin is the UK Recruiter Newsletter Editor and helps run in our technology showcase events. Here are her 10 interesting things:
- I like to knit. A lot.
- I have twin girls aged five. They drive me potty but I adore them. Most of the time.
- I have a fork lift truck driving license. Seriously.
- I lived in Nigeria and Germany when growing up.
- I can’t abide racism or homophobia on any level.
- I love a good crime drama and reckon I’ve learnt enough to be pretty close to committing the perfect crime.
- I am vegetarian and have been for about 20 years now.
- I spent three weeks on a camping holiday in the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. Nothing separating us from the lions and elephants except a canvas sheet. Toilets were interesting too.
- I can’t eat with bent fork prongs. In a canteen situation I will sort through the entire cutlery stash to find a perfect fork.
- If I was in a band it would be called Hectic Fridge. Sadly I can’t sing or play any instruments. Despite learning guitar for three years I never even got to grade one