This is the final post in our 600 Interesting and Useful Things for Recruiters series and on the advice of Alex we are sharing some facts about ourselves (these are Alex’s). I’m ashamed to admit how much I struggled to find 10 interesting things. So this is my best shot:
1. As a child I was told I was a relation of Florence Nightingale and I like to believe it is true
2. I don’t do normal; hobbies (see point 5) or friends
3. I’ve amassed over 15,000 followers across my twitter accounts (@louisetriance and @ukrecruiter) and I’m not really sure how.
4. I like to work and live by the first principle of karma (otherwise known as what goes around comes around)
5. I’ve an obsession with making my own gin and fruit based drinks.
6. Despite having held hundreds of recruitment industry events and conferences over the last 14 years I’ve never actually given a presentation myself.
7. I was a ‘hand model’ for my local college prospectus when I was 17
8. I was a vegetarian for 7 years on a whim
9. I have a real problem with the concept of women only groups and awards
10. I’m the only Louise Triance in the world (please don’t tell me if I’m not – I’m really proud of this ‘fact”’)